Homecoming week gets a little crazy for Bossman Fred, so not a surprise that he called an audible and moved #CrockpotWednesday back a day. Hopefully worth the wait, as Fred dives into the creamy side of the Cream & Crimson with Chicken Alfredo Tortellini.
1.5 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 1⁄2 cups Alfredo sauce, divided
1 tsp minced garlic
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
4 cups refrigerated three cheese tortellini
Garnish: black pepper and parsley
– Place the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast in the crockpot. Add 21⁄2 cups of warm Alfredo sauce.
– Cover and cook on high for 68 hours, until fully cooked. (Separate frozen chicken breasts that are stuck together after a couple of hours of cooking, if necessary.)
– Tear or cut the chicken into pieces.
– Add 1 cup Alfredo sauce, minced garlic, black pepper and refrigerated three cheese tortellini. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes until tender and heated through.
– Garnish with black pepper and parsley.