If it’s Iowa, it must be corn. Topped with bacon. And Awesome. Nice work, Coach McDaniel.
1C yellow onion, chopped
3/4C red bell pepper, chopped
1/4C celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5-6 ears corn or roughly 4C corn kernels
4C russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tsp salt
1 tsp white or black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
3C chicken broth
1C heavy cream
3Tb all purpose flour
4-6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Chives or green onions for garnish
* Puree 1 cup corn with 1 cup chicken broth. Set aside.
* Add all remaining seasonings and vegetables to the slow cooker, reserving the last four ingredients for later.
* Pour pureed corn into the slow cooker, stir to combine.
* Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8.
* After 4 hours, whisk together flour and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into slow cooker and stir to combine well. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
* Serve with bacon and chives or green onions.