Like all old O-Linemen, Coach Frey is a little bit ‘Sconnie at heart — anything that combines cheese and sausage is going to score big at The Nez.
- 1(19 oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1lb. sausage (I prefer Italian)
- 1bag fresh spinach
- 2cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1(8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
- Add the sausage and remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook, on LOW for 5 hours, stirring twice during cooking.