Mrs. Coach helps close out the season with Thanksgiving in a crockpot.
- Cooking spray
- 2 lb 99%ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (15 oz cans) white northern or navy beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- chopped cilantro and chives for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- low fat sour cream for topping (optional)
- Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot.
- Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 – 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute.
- Add to crock pot. Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving. Enjoy!
Like all old O-Linemen, Coach Frey is a little bit ‘Sconnie at heart — anything that combines cheese and sausage is going to score big at The Nez.
- 1(19 oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1lb. sausage (I prefer Italian)
- 1bag fresh spinach
- 2cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1(8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
- Add the sausage and remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook, on LOW for 5 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
Mrs. Coach Fabris makes good for her scary old white man (don’t look him in the eye) with #LaFlamaBlanca Chicken Chili
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and jalapeno; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin; cook 1 minute longer or until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of beans; add 1/2 cup broth and stir until blended. Add to the slow cooker with the remaining beans and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired.