Thinking that Coach Shelby got some help on this one — bonus points for the green theme for Michigan State week.
- 1 small red pepper , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small tomato , diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn , drained
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon seeded chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 corn tortilla (6-inch), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the red pepper, tomato, corn and chicken in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Stir the soup, water, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chili powder, chiles and jalapeño pepper, if desired, in a small bowl. Stir the soup mixture in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the tortillas, cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Time-Saving: You may also cook this recipe on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.