RB Coach McCullough continues a big week after having two 100+ yard runners last weekend with Jambalaya, a damn good reason to keep a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce in your desk drawer.
- 1large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or High heat setting 3 to 4 hours).
- Stir in shrimp. If needed, reduce heat setting to Low; cover and cook on Low heat setting about 1 hour longer or until shrimp are pink and firm. Serve jambalaya with rice.