With the most of the coaches out on the road, Coach Hill and his strength staff took the stairs up for #CrockpotWednesday:
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (and juice)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth (check label for gluten!)
- 1 jar (26-ounce) pasta sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 T Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry pasta, to add at end of cooking time
Use a 6 quart or larger crockpot, or cut the recipe in half. This makes a lot.
Brown the meat on the stovetop, and drain well. Let it cool a bit.
Chop up the carrots, onion, and celery. Add it to the empty crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. When the vegetables are tender, stir in the 1/2 cup of dry pasta.
Cover and cook for another hour on low, or until the pasta is tender. It will swell quite a bit.
Serve with a bit of parmesan cheese if you have it.